Sunday, August 2, 2009

Training Update

These are the supplements I take with breakfast. I'm supposed to be taking three each of the Livers and Aminos (the brown and white mammoth pills) but right now my stomach can't take that, so, I'm easing into it.

I know it has been a few days. I'm still here....just a little more tired and a little weaker :)
Everything is still humming along just fine. I have dropped roughly 6 lbs in 9 days. At this point in the game, I can live with that progress. The diet is always the hardest, but so far, so good. I'm not really fighting too many cravings-except salt. Salty snacks are really my weakness anyway, but when I am dieting-it is almost unbearable how bad I want salt. Some of that is attributable to the fact that my diet is very low sodium, I'm sure; some if it is just because you always want what you can't have.......and I have yet to find a competition diet (that works) that is full of potato chips and hard salami. (mmmmm)
Training is going fine. I never have difficulty with that part. Other than the actual exercises used, I train most days even when I'm not competing anyway-so that's no biggie. Some days I can really go hard and heavy and some days, I definitely do not have it. Today will be a leg day-those are always tough. My leg routine right now looks like this:
All tri-sets (Three different exercises, performed one right after the other, no rest until all three are done. Rest two minutes and do it again-three iterations.)
(Heavy 12,10,8 reps)
  • Leg Extensions (aprox 90, 100, 105-lbs)
  • Lying Hamstring Curl (aprox 75, 85, 90-lbs)
  • Standing Calf Raise (aprox 155, 195, 205-lbs)
  • Barbell Squat (aprox 95, 105, 115-lbs)
  • Romanian Deadlift (aprox 90, 95, 100-lbs)
  • Seated Calf Raise (aprox 115, 135, 160-lbs)
  • Leg Press (aprox 140, 160, 180-lbs)
  • One-Leg Hamstring Curl (60,70,80-lbs)
  • Calf Press (on leg machine) (aprox 140, 160, 180-lbs)
I did not do cardio this morning. I was so wiped out yesterday after cardio and shoulders, I thought maybe I should save my energy this morning and do legs first-right after breakfast when I get some carbs. I will probably run tonight or maybe even this afternoon (before lunch) and tonight, depending on how I feel I am holding up. One thing I don't want to do is burn out right off the bat.

No comments:

Post a Comment